Grandview Baptist Church exists to:
Give people the gospel,
Build them up in godliness so they will
Contribute to God’s glory by fulfilling their purpose in life.
Our Main Goal
Our main goal is to develop fully mature followers of Christ who will:
Touch the heart of God in worship.
Relate together in biblical community.
Understand and apply God’s Word to daily life.
Take the gospel to the world.
Help people in practical ways.
- Biblical Instruction – We are committed to teaching the word of truth.
- Inspiring Praise and Worship – We are committed to glorifying God in song and service for His greatness and goodness.
- Loving Fellowship – We are committed to cultivating a Christ-like, loving atmosphere within the body.
- Biblical Community – We are committed to show God’s love to all people of all ages by sharing our resources to meet each other’s needs.
- Prayer – We are committed to depending on God to work in and through us.
- Active Evangelism – We are committed to reaching the lost with the gospel.
- Creativity and Innovation – We are committed to being open to new forms and methods. We are more concerned with effectiveness in ministry than with adherence to tradition.
- Lay Ministry – We are committed to encouraging all believers to utilize their spiritual gifts and talents.
- Generous Giving – We are committed to making monetary sacrifices in order to advance God’s kingdom and meet people’s needs.
- Family Affirmation – We are committed to providing an atmosphere which strengthens marriages and families. We are committed to strong youth and children’s programs.
- We are a loving, friendly church that truly cares about people of all generations.
- We are a conservative, Bible-believing church who strives to teach relevant, practical messages.
- We are a growing church, both spiritually and numerically, and would love to have you come and grow with us.
- We believe it is vital for each member to know God intimately and have a personal relationship with Him and His Son, Jesus Christ; to belong to a group of growing disciples; and to serve in the kingdom of God.
“To be a minister of Christ Jesus to the nations, ministering as a priest the gospel of God.”
Why am I here?
The search for purpose in life has puzzled people for thousands of years because we usually look in the wrong place: ourselves. You won’t discover purpose by looking within yourself. Only God, the Creator of life, can reveal your purpose here on earth.
“Everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, …everything got started in Him and finds its purpose in Him.”
1 Colossians 1:16, The Message
God desires to have a relationship with you and show you your purpose, but sin has separated man from God. In order to restore man’s relationship with God, He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die for you and pay the penalty for your sin. Because the penalty has been paid, you can have a relationship directly with God but it requires an individual response from you to receive it. To accept Jesus into your heart you have to acknowledge that:
- We are sinful. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23.
- Be willing to repent and turn away from sin. “For the wages of sin is death.” Romans 6:23
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross. “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
- You must receive Him. “Yet to all who receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God.” John 1:12
Receiving Christ into your heart is as simple as asking Him to come into your life. You could pray a simple prayer like this:
“Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins. I invite Jesus Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Savior and Lord of my life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”